You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Cat’ tag.
That is all.
Mr. Peebles – The World’s Smallest Cat – [Wa!eg]
James Marsters as a Alien Fighting Cowboy…Hot! – [i09]
Madonna…Un-Photoshopped? 6th Sign of the Apocalypse People, Duck and cover – [The Blemish]
Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Beebop — I am Skeptical – [/film]
Atari Lamp and Tetris Mirrors – [Wonderland]
A Promo for Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse – [i09]
Bored? Slap Some Bitches — It Will Make You Feel Better – [nigoro]
Happy Thursday Friends!
So a set of the rare Pallas’ Cats were born in July in Bramble Park Zoo in Watertown, South Dakota. I guess they are supposed to be really hard to breed because they are prone to infection due to being from an area that doesn’t expose them to it much. One cool thing about them, besides the fact that they are so effin cute, is that they have rounded pupils unlike most cats. They are only the size of a housecat! If I didn’t already have two cats I would be flying out to the Asian steppes as we speak to go catch one.
With all of this talk of a new presidential dog I thought I would share some fun facts about past president’s pets.
1) Calvin Coolidge had a pygmy hippo named Billy. Billy sired 23 little hippos, and many of the pygmy hippos you see in American zoos today are his offspring. Coolidge practically had a zoo, he had six dogs, a bobcat, a goose, a donkey, a cat, two lion cubs, an antelope, and a wallaby.
2) Hoover had a ton of dogs, his son however owned a pair of alligators that would sometimes wander around the White House grounds.
3) George H.W. Bush’s pet springer spaniel Millie collaborated with the First Lady on Millie’s Book: As Dictated to Barbara Bush. She also birthed a son that accompanied George W. Bush into the White House.
4) Martin Van Buren received two tiger cubs as a gift from the Sultan of Oman. Congress supposedly made him give the gift to a zoo.
5) Dr. Johnson, Bishop Doane, Fighting Bob Evans, and Father O’Grady were the names of Teddy Roosevelt’s children’s Guinea Pigs. Pretty much the most amazing names ever! Roosevelt also had a pet badger named Josiah AND a black bear cub named Jonathan Edwards.
6) At 17 years old Socks the cat is still alive. He lives with Bill Clinton’s secretary, Betty Currie as he did not get along with the Clinton’s dog Buddy. That is an old effin cat.
I don’t even know if A Date with Death is what this fabulous mini-comic by Natasha Allegri is called (though it seems good to me), but I thought I would share the comic with you all (the first few pages anyways). The art is so simple and cute, plus you actually feel for the characters in this 12 pager. You can find the rest on her livejournal if you enjoyed. Be sure to give her well deserved kudos as well.