You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Barack Obama’ tag.
Congrats to you and me. We will have a new president today! I hope he sticks to his guns and his promises.
It ain’t looking good for Mitt Romney to be the Secretary of “Lookin’ Good,” though I am still hoping for Regis on the Nickle.
Yes Pecan! Barack Obama Ice Cream – [Best Week Ever]
“If Only You Could Eat Shame.” – Jon Stewart – [Videogum]
Read/Play Problem Sleuth, Solve All Problems In Yer Life!! – [MS Paint Adventures]
Sweet Zombie Lincoln Pop – [Glark]
Finally, White People Singing Motown (Wait, What?) – [Videogum]
Japanese “We Are the World” — In Blackface (Wait, What?) – [BuzzFeed]
Choice of First Dog is Narrowed to Two Breeds – [The New York Times]
Zelda Theme A Capella (Well Mostly) – [Geekologie]
Gaycrest Rejected at Golden Globes by Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie- [Dlisted]
6 Most Politically Incorrect Video Games Moments – [Cracked]
Sam Raimi Wants Morbius in Spiderman 4 – [/film]
Gwyneth Paltrow Needs to Stop Seriously – [Perez Hilton]
How Many Douchebags From Tool Academy Would you Screw? – [Dlisted]
Awesome Pictures of Barack and Michelle from the Past – [Wonkette]
Racial Tension Plagues Rock of Love – [Jezebel]
Henrietta and Merna Sing for you (see above) and it is the BEST THING EVER!!! – [Boing Boing]
Mustaches are Back. Again! – [Gawker]
Lindsay Lohan…Now a Joke with Badly Photoshopped Hair – [Best Week Ever]
News Flash: Anne Coulter is a Terrible Person: Uh-Duuuuh – [Celebitchy]
Heaven the Game: Starring…Jesus? – [Kotaku]
A Gay Marriage Primer – [Videogum]
7 of the Worst Superhero/Comic-book Character Video Games of All Time – [Bam! Kapow!]
Oh, Lex Luthor You Dummy! – [Post Modern Barney]
Speaking of Dummies – Being Sarah Palin Must be an Art – [Jezebel]
With all of this talk of a new presidential dog I thought I would share some fun facts about past president’s pets.
1) Calvin Coolidge had a pygmy hippo named Billy. Billy sired 23 little hippos, and many of the pygmy hippos you see in American zoos today are his offspring. Coolidge practically had a zoo, he had six dogs, a bobcat, a goose, a donkey, a cat, two lion cubs, an antelope, and a wallaby.
2) Hoover had a ton of dogs, his son however owned a pair of alligators that would sometimes wander around the White House grounds.
3) George H.W. Bush’s pet springer spaniel Millie collaborated with the First Lady on Millie’s Book: As Dictated to Barbara Bush. She also birthed a son that accompanied George W. Bush into the White House.
4) Martin Van Buren received two tiger cubs as a gift from the Sultan of Oman. Congress supposedly made him give the gift to a zoo.
5) Dr. Johnson, Bishop Doane, Fighting Bob Evans, and Father O’Grady were the names of Teddy Roosevelt’s children’s Guinea Pigs. Pretty much the most amazing names ever! Roosevelt also had a pet badger named Josiah AND a black bear cub named Jonathan Edwards.
6) At 17 years old Socks the cat is still alive. He lives with Bill Clinton’s secretary, Betty Currie as he did not get along with the Clinton’s dog Buddy. That is an old effin cat.
Ok, so incase you haven’t noticed. Barack Obama is our new president elect!
He is ready to report for duty! I have been saving this picture for when he won. Glad I was optimistic.
Wow, just wow. Dennis Hopper tends to be a Republican wind-bag, so I am very impressed at this turn of view, based on the facts, mostly the fact that Sarah Palin is a silly silly lady. He says that he has been a Republican since the Regan days, hopefully his change of heart will be a running theme for voters today.
I am shocked at how quiet Elisabeth was.